We welcome original and innovative research notes and essays from emerging scholars in history and related disciplines. Volume 7 asks how history “defines human-ness?” We are seeking submissions that:
- Critically explore historically-constructed human ideas or representations of nature
- Historicize the scientific production of race, gender, species, bodies, sexuality, citizenship, and (dis)ability
- Emphasize or highlight the historical and historiographical importance of nonhuman beings or forces
- Reflect on nonhuman agency, causation, and subjectivities
- Respond to particular historiographical conversations which problematize or overlook these questions
We accept submissions on an ongoing basis, but will only consider submissions received before January 30th, 2018 for publication in Volume 7.
All submissions must adhere to our Submission Guidelines and must not be under consideration with any other publication.